Sometimes we all need a little reset-- an opportunity to clear the mind, lift the spirits, and harmonize the body. Here is a self-care routine I put together for you to do just that :)
Yin Yoga Flow for Mind-Body Harmony
- Meditation in easy seat (5min)
- Chin to chest & ear to shoulder neck stretches (3min each)
- Butterfly (5min)
- Caterpillar (5min)
- Sphinx (5min)
- Child’s pose (5-10min)
- Pigeon (5-10min per side)
- Bananasana (3-5min per side)
- Reclining twist (5min per side)
- Supta baddha konasana (5min)
- Shavasana (10+ min)
Self-Acupressure for Relaxation & Stress Relief
Meditation cradling Spleen-16
- Interlace fingers but leaving thumbs extended.
- Place interlaced hands on the abdomen, with thumbs flesh with the triangle at the base of ribs.
- Breathe deeply and mindfully. Notice the rise and fall of the abdomen.
- Place your hand over the opposite shoulder, then curve the hand so that the fingers press into Gall Bladder-21.
- Hold for 1-2 minutes.
- Interlace the fingers and place the hands behind the neck.
- Gently press the chin toward the chest, stretching the back of the neck.
- Hold for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the hands on the sides of the head with the fingertips pointing up and the thumbs facing the back of your head.
- Bring the thumbs to the base of the skull and apply pressure to the indentations that are about 3 inches apart at the base of the occipital bone.
- Apply pressure for 1 minute.
- Place your fingertips toward the back of the jawbone.
- Clench the jaw and take note of the muscular area that is activated. Place fingers here.
- Release the jaw tension and use fingertips to apply pressure to this area (Stomach-6).
- Hold firm pressure for 1 minute and then 30 seconds of gentle pressure.
Governing Vessel-24.5 & Conception Vessel-17
- Place your right middle fingertip at the indentation between the bridge of the nose and the brow bone (Governing Vessel 24.5).
- Place your left fingertips at the indentation on the breastbone at the level of the heart.
- Hold these points and breathe deeply for 1-2 minutes.
Relax in meditation holding Ganesha Mudra
- Come to an easy seat. This can be on the floor, in a chair, or on a meditation cushion.
- Bring the palms of the hands together, then spin the hands so that the palm of the left faces you and the palm of the right faces away.
- Curl the fingers, hooking the hands together.
- Breathe mindfully.
Aromatherapy for Harmonizing the Body & Balancing Emotions
- Stress & anxiety relief
- Lifts the spirits
- Light floral aroma
- Supports hormonal balance
- Grounding & calming
- Woody, earthy aroma
- General tonic
- Supports a healthy nervous system
Blending the two offers a balance of the uplifting effects of Ylang Ylang and the grounding effects of Vetiver to create a harmony of Yin and Yang energies.
- Rub oils between hands.
- Cup hands around your face.
- Breathe deeply.