Acu-Point Large Intestine (LI) 4
In acupressure/acupuncture, there are 7 points referred to as "power points." Compared to other points, power points offer a wider scope of relief and a more rapid and dramatic result following treatment. LI 4 is one the easiest power points to treat (no partner required) and it can be very effective in easing common ailments.
- Overall pain reducer
- Headache relief
- Supports digestive health: relieves constipation & diarrhea
- Reduces symptoms of seasonal allergies such as itchy eyes, congestion, fatigue
- Reduces cold and flu symptoms such as sore throat & sinus congestion
- Helps to ease the pain of ear infections & clear ear congestion
- Can induce labor
- Regulates facial skin: helps diminish dryness or acne
- Strengthens the immune system
- Eases pain in the face, head, jaw, & mouth
Location: The muscular triangle between the index finger and thumb
Activation: To activate this point, alternate 5 seconds of firmly squeezing with 5 seconds of reduced intensity for a total of 1 minute. You can do either or both hands. LI 4 is not left or right specific. If you have a chronic issue, such as recurring headaches or digestive distress, I recommend treating this point 3-5 days per week.
Warning: LI 4 can induce labor and therefore pregnant women should avoid this point due to the risk of inducing a premature labor.